The Cambridge University Belgian Society is a friendly and welcoming society for Belgians and non-Belgians at the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge University Belgian Society is guided by the following objectives:
- to promote Belgian culture at the University of Cambridge by way of cultural and culinary events
- to facilitate and smoothen the transfer and transition of students of Belgian nationality to live at the University of Cambridge by way of a network of support and introductory events in Michaelmas term
- to encourage an esprit de corps amongst members by way of social, cultural and entertaining events
- to present itself as representative of a united community and to vindicate a spirit of Belgian community
- to contribute to the cultural diversity at the University of Cambridge by positively engaging with other cultural, sporting and social societies within the University of Cambridge and other universities in the United Kingdom.
Every year, the society organizes swaps, formals, and other events of academic or cultural nature for its members.
The following people are currently on the committee:
- Guillaume Bastos Gonçalves Martin – President
- Ilya Carey – Treasurer and Webmaster
- Amaury van Trappen de Buggenoms- Grad Officer
- Nathan – Speaker’s Officer
- Lucas Mordue- Social Secretary